Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Graduation Caps Chocolate Covered Pretzels


Spring is here and that means graduation parties and wedding invitations are already in the mail.  I have a large family and I am one of the oldest in the bunch so every year I get tones of invitations to these parties.  So this year I decided to make some fun snacks for a graduation party.  

Here is what you will need to make these:
  • Pretzel rods
  • Candy wafers (chocolate melts) Light and dark colors
  • Square chocolate bars
  • Air heads
  • Mini M&M’s (optional)
  • wax paper
  • piping bag or plastic bag
  • Pizza cutter or other cutting tool

Directions:
  1. Start by melting your light colored candy wafers.
  2. Cover all but about an inch of your pretzel rod with the melted candy wafers.
  3. Place on wax paper and refrigerate for 10-15 minutes.
  4. Repeat step 2 and 3 with a second coat.
  5. Melt your dark colored candy wafers and dip the end of your covered pretzels about 1/2 inch in it.  Allow to harden.
  6. Cut the end of the chocolate part of the rod to make it flat.
  7. Using a pizza cutter to cut the Air Heads by color then cut in half.
  8. Prepare your square chocolate bars by applying a small dot in the center then place the edge of your sliced Air Head on the chocolate.
  9. Place more chocolate on top of the Air Head in the center of the chocolate square and place a Mini M&M on that. 
  10. Now, place a generous amount of chocolate on the flat end of the pretzel rod then place your prepared chocolate square on top.  
  11. Hold firmly for a few minutes.
  12. With your dark chocolate in  piping bag, write the graduation year vertically down the covered pretzel rod.

That’s it.  It’s that simple.  I hope you enjoyed this and if you decide to make them for your next graduation party please let me know.  

As always, you can see how I made these here:  

Thanks for watching!  Please feel free to share this with friends and family on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.  

No comments:

Post a Comment