Recently 7-11 convenience stores started selling a cheese product called Doritos Loaded. It is a triangle of cheese covered with Doritos crumbs and the cheese is perfectly melted in the center. Since I love cheese and Doritos, I decided to make these at home.
Here is what you will need to make these:
Ingredients:
- 1 bag of Doritos (I used both Nacho cheese and Cool Ranch Style)
- a block of Cheese (I used both Mozzarella and Mild Cheddar)
- 1/4 cup of bread crumbs
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups of flour
- parchment or wax paper
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Cyan (optional if you like it spicy)
Directions:
- Start by cutting your cheese into small triangles. About 1 inch by 2 inches is a good size.
- Put about 2 cups of Doritos in a blender or food processor and pulse until they are the size of bread crumbs.
- Put processed Doritos in a dish and mix in bread crumbs.
- In a separate bowl beat the eggs.
- Fill another dish with flour
- Take your cheese 1 at a time and dip in eggs. Then into the flour and coat completely. Now dip the same piece back into the eggs and then into the Doritos mixture. Then place on parchment paper.
- Repeat with the remaining pieces of cheese and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Heat oil in a deep fryer to 350 degrees and place your cheese triangles in for about 2 minutes.
- You will know that they are done when they float to the top of the oil and some cheese starts to escape.
- Drain on paper towels and serve shortly after you remove them from the oil.
I hope you enjoyed this recipe. Whether you are looking for that perfect snack to make while watching football or just something different to make, these are perfect.
If you would like to see how I made these, watch here:
Thanks for watching. Please feel free to share this with friends and family on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.

No comments:
Post a Comment