Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Skittles Cupcakes


I have made many different types of cupcakes through the years, but none of them were packed with as much flavor as these.  I have seen people make these before and decided to give them a try.  

Ingredients:
  • 1 box white cake mix
  • 1/2 cup Skittles
  • Food coloring (red/yellow/orange/green)
  • frosting


Directions:
  1. Start by grinding Skittles in a food processor or blender.
  2. Prepare cake mix according to the directions on box.
  3. Add processed Skittles to cake mix.
  4. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and fill cupcake liners 3/4 of the way full.
  5. Place in oven for 18-20 minutes.
  6. Prepare frosting by dividing into 5 equal parts and add food coloring to 4.
  7. Fill a piping bag with the uncolored frosting.
  8. When cupcakes are cooled, apply frosting.
  9. Using the frosting in the piping bag, draw an “S” in the center of each cupcake.
  10. You can decorate the cupcake further by adding whole Skittles on top. 

I hope you will enjoy this recipe.

If you want to see how I made these watch it here: 


Please feel free to share this recipe on Facebook, Twitter and Email.  

No comments:

Post a Comment