Friday, January 30, 2015

Pizza Cones


Pizza! Pizza! Pizza!

Who doesn't love pizza?  Even as a school kid I remember those days when for lunch they offered pizza.  It was a rare treat back then, but it made the school day better.  Now as an adult I have access to pizza all the time but choose not to eat it too much as not to spoil the specialness of such a great dish.  

Pizza is a very versatile dish.  It can be made with just about and toppings, cheeses and on just about any base.

Many food companies make different types of fast “ready-to-eat” pizza’s like Pizza pockets or Pizza bits.  I wanted to share how you can make a fast unique pizza that doesn't skimp on quality.  

Pizza Cones are a unique pizza dish that will have your friends and family craving more fun recipes.  

You will need just a few ingredients to make these:
  • Pre-package pizza crust or make your own
  • Tomato sauce
  • flour for rolling your crust
  • Toppings of your choice
    • I recommend:
      • Mozzarella Cheese
      • Pepperoni
      • Meatballs


The equipment you will need is:
  • cupcake tin (turned upside down)
  • foil
  • a microwavable cup
  • a cone shaped paper cup
  • pizza cutter
  • roller

Directions:
  1. Start by wrapping your paper cone cups with foil.
  2. Remove the cup from the foil and place the cone shaped foil on an upside down cupcake tin
  3. Roll out your pizza crust on a lightly floured surface.
  4. Carefully unwrap your cone cup and lay on the crust as a guide for cutting the crust.
  5. Using your cut crust, wrap it around the foil cones tightly pinching the sides together. 
  6. Place on the bottom rack of a 400 degree F oven for 13-15 minutes until golden brown.
  7. Remove from oven and remove foil from your cone crust.
  8. Prepare cooked meatballs by cutting them into halves. 
  9. Place open end up in a microwavable cup and fill with toppings of your choice.
  10. Place in microwave for 30-45 seconds on high until cheese is melted.
  11. Serve soon after that.  

I hope you enjoyed this recipe and if you want to see how I made them, watch here:


Please feel free to share this recipe with friends and family.  

No comments:

Post a Comment