Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Strawberry Pound Cake


This week I took up a challenge to make a pound cake from a friends recipe and making it fun by putting my own take on it.  I used my friends recipe with only one difference.  I used strawberry extract instead of vanilla.  I also made the presentation a little different too.  

Ingredients:
  • 1 1/4 (150 grams) cups flour                               ( x 2)
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder                                  (x 2)
  • 2/3 cup (150 grams) sugar                                  (x 2)
  • 10 1/2 tablespoons (150 grams) soften butter    (x 2)
  • 3 large eggs (150 grams)                                    (x 2)
  • 1 teaspoon strawberry extract                             (x 2)
  • food coloring
  • 3 piping bags or plastic bags
  • cooking spray
  • parchment paper

Directions:
  1. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder and sugar and whisk together.
  2. Add butter, eggs and strawberry extract and mix until well combined.
  3. Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees F (170 C) 
  4. Divide batter into 3 different bowls, add 1 flavor per bowl.
  5. Place batter in piping bags.
  6. Prepare a baking sheet by spraying with cooking spray or greasing it then cover with parchment paper. 
  7. Pipe colored batter in no pattern on baking sheet.
  8. smear batter to form a multicolor design and to level batter to about 1/4 inch thickness.
  9. Bake  for 18 minutes.
  10. Allow to cool then cut out letter or shapes and stack them on each other.
  11. Make another batter using the same recipe but adding 2 tablespoons of melted butter.
  12. Line a baking loaf with butter and flour
  13. Add about 1 inch of batter in the bottom of the baking loaf.
  14. Stack cutouts on top of batter then add remaining batter around the cutouts.
  15. Bake for 35-40 minutes at 325 degrees 
  16. Allow to cool and remove from baking loaf.

This recipe was fun to make and I especially enjoyed making the letters “S” and “K” for my friends YouTube channel “Steve’s Kitchen”.  He enjoyed it.  

I hope you decide to make this recipe and enjoy making it as much as I did.  Please let me know if you make it and what cutouts you decided to use on the inside.  

If you want to see step-by-step how I made this, watch here:  


Please feel free to share this recipe with friends and family by email, on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.

No comments:

Post a Comment